Skip to main content

Are the “Harry Potter” Branded Sweatshirts Worth the Price?

Harry Potter branded sweatshirt

A Close Look at a Gryffindor Sweatshirt

I recently visited Universal Orlando Resort to celebrate a benchmark birthday.  My husband and I specifically chose this park because Diagon Alley had finally opened and I’m an avid Harry Potter fan.  It’s a must-see for fans.  

One of our four days at the park was unseasonably cold.  I had brought a windbreaker for the occasional rain Orlando delivers, but wasn’t prepared for goosebumps.  I could have purchased a sweatshirt or sweater at any of the multitudes of gift shops in the park (s).  Nevertheless, what’s the fun in that for a true Potter Head?  Warmth had to come from within a Harry Potter-themed piece of apparel.  

Quality Quidditch Supplies inside Universal Orlando

Luckily, the first shop in Diagon Alley is Quality Quidditch Supplies.  It’s jam-packed with—obviously—Quidditch gear of all kinds, like quaffle balls.  However, the store also carries apparel.  Since this isn’t typically a cold season, there weren’t many choices within a price range I’m comfortable.  The jackets and sweaters ($85) were especially pricy but of excellent quality. 

A Welcoming Young Lady Eases us Into a Purchase.

The associate we latched onto was a lovely young lady named Alyssa S.  We chatted for quite some time even though the store was busy.  There were plenty of other associates to assist other shoppers, so no one was waiting unnecessarily.  We felt quite welcome and comfortable due to Alyssa’s warm demeanor.  Therefore, even though the prices were a bit excessive, I decided to purchase a sweatshirt--I typically live in them during the winter.  

Alyssa and American Express Save us Money.

Not to imply that Alyssa pressured us into a purchase.  No.  Actually, she saved us money.  She informed us of an American Express discount.  Those who have the card and mention “American Express mobile app” can receive a 10% off purchases of $50 or more. 

Because of Alyssa’s demeanor and kindness, we will shop at Quality Quidditch Supplies each time we visit this park.

Sleeve of the Gryffindor sweatshirt

Was it Worth the Price?

This sweatshirt is medium quality, made of 60% cotton and 40% polyester—very warm and appears as if it is fleece lined.  I typically pay around $25-$30 for this quality.  However, this isn’t just a sweatshirt.  It is also memorabilia.  It is something to help me remember my trip every time I wear it.  In my opinion, the Gryffindor patch and embroidered letters are beautiful and well applied, making this sweatshirt a meaningful purchase.  I love it and will wear it all winter. 

What are your experiences?

Did you purchase anything at Universal Orlando?

Keep Reading

Food Review: Trader Joe’s Animal Crackers  

Trader Joe’s Frozen Chocolate Croissant

Product Review: Brookside Crunchy Clusters


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Grill Herbal-Rubbed Chicken Breast Perfectly

Look out baby, Memorial Day is nearing so barbecue season has officially begun        I bet this sounds familiar.    You are standing in the middle of your backyard drooling on the bucket of just pulled weeds because an enticing aroma of yummy barbecue wafts through the air.    Sadly, it is not coming from your grill.    The bad and good news of this tasty temptation is that I'm that neighbor torturing you with mouthwatering BBQ aromas, but I'm letting you in on some of my secrets!   Good BBQ begins in the kitchen Although not a food snob, I am particular.  I believe that the best 'cue begins in the kitchen.   Fresh food is a must, and it has to be cooked just right.  Moreover, whatever goes on the grill must be bursting with flavor.  Luckily, I have a prolific herb garden.  This won't rub you the wrong way Since I tend to lean toward Mediterranean dishes, specifically Italian food , I use homegrown lemons – also from my garden – and an herbal rub for my meat. 

Food Review: Trader Joe’s Animal Crackers

Tub of Fun Found in Trader Joe's Animal Crackers If you are like me, every time I see a box of animal crackers, I relive my childhood years of drooling over a box decorated as if it is a red circus boxcar filled with exotic animals.    My favorite cookie/cracker was the elephant.   Therefore, when I noticed a tub --yes an entire tub-- of animal cookies on a Trader Joe’s shelf, I squealed like a little girl and promptly tossed one in my cart. As a fan of simple English style cookies, Trader Joe’s Organic Animal Crackers are a perfect fit for me.  They are crunchy, light, great with hot beverages, and shaped like animals.  What could be better?  Right?  The real surprise with these cookies is that these are not your typical guilty-pleasure snacks.  Oh no.  These puppies —or should I say camels -- are low in fat and sodium, vegan, organic and only 120 for 17 delicious cookies!  There are even tigers in the tub.  It just gets more and more exciting as I eat my way through

Using Teachable Moments When Planning & Hosting Parties

Dear Rebecca, What do children and teens learn from their parent’s throwing parties ? Parent Dear Parent, Children of all ages learn everything from their parents.   They learn all their manners , which is basically how we treat others and ourselves.   They also learn etiquette, which is the protocol, how we behave, or how we are expected to behave in public.   So, if a child’s parents throw raucous parties with alcohol and loud music, the child will believe that this is what is expected at parties.   If the parents cater to their guests, treating them as special, the child will learn that he/she should treat their guests as special.   Parents are their child’s best teachers to teach him/her about life and being a good person. Pro-Tip Involve your child in the planning and preparation of the party.  Teach him/her how to focus on guests' needs. Most sincerely, Rebecca More by Rebecca Q & A: The Best and Worst Parties I’ve Hosted or Attended String Pasta Wit